Sunday, November 24, 2013

Have You Heard of PREZI?

Are you tired of seeing and making the same, boring PowerPoint presentations for various classroom projects? Have you ever heard of Prezi? Prezi is an online presentation tool that turns those flat PowerPoints into fun and engaging presentations that are sure to wow your classmates. You can even convert your current PowerPoint presentations into Prezi Presentations!
Here's a YouTube video of an awesome Prezi
It's very simple to use! Prezi is a free tool with a multitude of fun templates that take your presentations to the next level. You could of course buy Prezi, which contains more tools and templates, but I think this is a great website for students and teachers who want to make a simple, yet interesting, presentation.
There's even a free upgrade for students and teachers with an .edu email! (More applicable for college-age students, but they're still students nonetheless)
The other great part of Prezi is the "Collaboration" feature. With this feature, you're able to collaborate with up to ten people in real time--meaning you don't have to log off in order for someone else to use it. Each collaborator has an avatar so that you're able to see who is editing what.
Prezi is also available for the iPad, which I think is awesome. Now-a-days, especially for college-age students, more people are buying and using iPads to take notes in class instead of investing in an expensive computer. With Prezi for the iPad, students will be able to work on their presentations on the bus ride home, on the train, in the car... anywhere!
Ever since I was first introduced to Prezi last year, I've never made another PowerPoint presentation. I truly believe both students and teachers would love using Prezi for their future presentations. It's fun, interactive, and (most importantly) FREE!! How much better can it get?!
Have you used Prezi? What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing such a great resource with us. I have never heard of Prezi and it looks really cool. I believe that students will be able to get much more out of it than a regular PowerPoint presentation. Students enjoy interactive activity, and Prezi totally serves the purpose. It is more like watching an animation rather than a boring presentation with tons of words on each slide. I'm sure that students will enjoy doing presentation even more if they are able to use Prezi. I will definitely introduce to my future students because I'm sure this will be able to stimulate their interests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen-
    This is a really interesting enhancing tool to use in the classroom. I can't help but feel a but antiquated using Power Point presentations in class; they feel flat and redundant. I am really glad I stumbled upon your comment, I would like to try to integrate this into my teaching. My only question which I did't seem to see in your summary was whether or not it is simple to use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE PREZI! I remember when I got my MacBook and I didn't have any Microsoft tools. A friend of mine showed me Prezi, and I immediately took to it. It's so much fun- it's much less bland than PowerPoint, and it's free, which makes it even more appealing. I have since gotten Microsoft Office, and am using PowerPoint for its convenience, but I will always have a soft spot for Prezi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just heard about Prezi not to long ago. I saw it created and viewed as a presentation as a fellow classmate. It is much more of an eye catcher than a PowerPoint presentation. The professor view each presentation was also impressed. She made a remark on how the students (college student) were actively listening. I feel this is a perfect opportunity to reach out to students in a more interesting way. PowerPoint is usually used as a guide or reference in a presentation. I find Prezi having the capabilities of being more. However, one down side is that it is a bit more time consuming than an actual PowerPoint slide. Often times, I hear teachers not having enough time to prep for a class. If this is the case, I think Prezi will deter teachers from using it. Nonetheless, if allotted time was given to me I too would only use Prezi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prezi is awesome!! I do not have Microsoft Office so i always use Prezi for presentations. I have used PowerPoint on other computers but I still do not think it can compare to Prezi. First of all it is FREE and second of all it is much funner. I have found that you can do alot more with Prezi than you can with Microsoft PowerPoint. Definitely think teachers should suggest Prezi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love Prezi! I worked with it in a technical writing class and it was such a fun and interactive tool. Though mapping and planning a good Prezi is more difficult and time consuming than a powerpoint in my opinion, the end result is certainly worth the work. I love the animations and the backgrounds. Just such a wonderful evolution from the flat, linear powerpoint. I plan to use Prezi a lot in my classroom.

    ReplyDelete