Sunday, November 3, 2013

Unit Plan Canvas

Happy Sunday, everyone!
This week I made a lesson plan on a PLAYground Canvas regarding to my post from two weeks ago on Shakespeare's Hamlet. Without being repetitive, I just want to stress the importance of reading and fully understanding Hamlet, or any Shakespearean play for that matter. My canvas is an introduction to Hamlet's soliloquies. During my lesson, we will learn what a soliloquy is, what it does, and what Hamlet's soliloquies reveal about himself to the audience. The hardest part for me was actually making the canvas! I wasn't sure where to put what item and how big to make it. I wanted it to have some sort of flow, so I made the video (which is a great commentary video) quite large so hopefully people will understand that they should watch the video first. I also provided supplementary videos/links below to video, so again, hopefully people will understand.

2 comments:

  1. Because I also chose to make my PLAYGround Canvas on Hamlet, I felt like I had to comment on your blog! I think it is really important that all students read and understand Hamlet, but unfortunately students just do not understand why it is relevant. Regardless, we must teach it, so it is so important we make it interesting. I really like your Canvas, I think it accurately conveys Hamlet but is also interesting! I also really enjoyed the video, it helped make the Canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your CANVAS on Hamlet! I don't know too much about Shakespeare but after watching your video and viewing all of your pictures, I have a much better understanding of his works! Your CANVAS is well thought-out and is quite simple to navigate. I agree with Kaitlyn that Shakespeare is very difficult to understand as a high schooler, let alone a college students! Well done!

    ReplyDelete